The NFL opening week is over. All games have been played and the fantasy football rankings are in. My team, Denver Gold, pulled out a 107-98 victory over Bryce’s Bombers. It’s a good thing the Packers played the 49′ers because Aaron Rodgers was held in check.
Here are the overall fantasy football rankings for week 1 by divison:
Terrell Davis Division
1. First Timer – 109 points, record: 1-0
2. Von Miller Beast Mode – 104 points, record 1-0
3. A Team Called Quest 92 points, record 1-0
4. Carpe Diem Denver 108 points, record 0-1
5. Manning 4MVP 61 points, record 0-1
Ed McCaffrey Division
1. Denver Gold – 107 points, record 1-0
2. Addie’s House O’ Pain – 104 points, record 1-0
3. Bryce’s Bombers 98 points, record 0-1
4. Tibet tootighttrouser 83 points, record 0-1
5. Football Fetish 82 points, record 0-1
Denver Gold made some coaching mistakes heading into week 1 that could have lost the game, fortunately some players came up big like Julio Jones, Andre Johnson and BenJarvus Green-Ellis. I left 21 points on the bench because I wasn’t sure about starting Alfred Morris which was a huge mistake, won’t happen again in week 2.
Concerns: Defense, starting the Lions who produced only 2 points, however, it was the right call over the Steelers who would have gotten 0 points.
Fantasy Football Week 1 Game Results:
Tough Loss: Carpe Diem Denver lost to First Timer (yes, his first time playing fantasy football) by 1 point. I was watching the Jets – Bills game with CDD who told me, oops, I wanted to play CJ Spiller over Darren Sproles #bummer.
Roster Updates: Denver Gold has dropped WR Laurent Robinson and Austin Collie acquired FA WR Eddie Royal and RB Mark Ingram – Manning 4 MVP added WR Rod Streater.